The bookmaker offers rewards to attract new customers and to encourage existing players. Companies often arrange promotions dedicated to sporting events.
Types of bookmaker bonuses
There are permanent bonuses and time-limited promotions, gifts for new customers and loyalty programs for regular active players:
- bonus upon registration – when opening a deposit, a certain amount is credited to the player’s account, which can be spent on bets;
- promotions during which the registration bonus is several times larger than usual;
- bonuses for opening a new deposit on a certain day of the week;
- cash bonuses for betting on certain events or on any match;
- bonuses in the form of free bets (freebets) in addition to the main bet;
- contests with drawing bonus bets and valuable prizes;
- bonuses and promotions for losers: insurance for certain categories of bets or cashback for losing a deposit (a certain percentage of the lost amount is returned).
Loyalty Program Benefits
If the registration bonus can be used once, and contests and promotions end after a while, then the loyalty program is a source of stable additional income, the opportunity to receive bonuses for any of your sports bets.Such programs exist in many bookmakers and operate on a similar principle:
- a percentage of each bet made, won or lost, goes to the bonus account;
- for bets on some events, more points are awarded;
- as bonus points are accumulated, the player’s status increases, when moving to a new level, he is credited with real money or a free bet is provided, the amount increases with each level;
- some programs provide additional privileges: reload bonus (for each new deposit, a certain percentage of its amount is charged).
What is bonus hunting and why you should not do it
Such players receive additional profit from bonuses, earning money with strategies that do not have the risk of losing.
Bonus hunting is done by experienced bettors. The bookmaker bonus needs to be wagered, more often in multiples. Beginners make bets without using fraudulent strategies and bet randomly, while bonus hunters play arbs and resort to other professional ways to get money on bets.
An experienced bonus hunter has accounts opened in dozens of offices at the same time – including both CIS bookmakers and foreign resources. For each account, the bonus hunter enters separate details – email, phone number, etc. He monitors what offers the bookmaker sends out and regularly reviews the news and offers of the bookmaker published on the official website.
The reaction of bookmakers to bonus hunting
If the bookmaker suspects that a player is engaged in bonus hunting, they will take action.The bookmaker refuses the bettor promotions, blocks accounts, and calculates the bet at odds of 1 or as a loser. Bonus hunters must be prepared to be exposed.
Bonus hunting cannot be turned into a source of income. The bettor can and should use the bonuses provided by the bookmaker. But these bonuses and promotions are a nice addition to the game, not a chance to earn. The bonus hunter will eventually pay with the blocking of the account and will forever be blacklisted by the bookmaker.